Thursday 15 March 2012

Baby = Official

Womens intuition doesn't lie apparently.

I just came from the doctor, and just got off the phone with the new daddy to be.

We're officially pregnant. And thats as much information as I've got right now.

I'm skipping work tomorrow to have an ultrasound and find out how far along we are, but I don't think it can be more than about six weeks...surely not longer than two months anyway.

I'm scared out of my fucking mind. Terrified. And amazed. And so unbelievably confused.

Daddy to be is estatic. I'm scared everything is going to change. He just got more motivated to make money and provide. He says his mother in Ghana will be thrilled. Mine might be too. Maybe.

Fuck.

I'm swinging wildly from crying and lamenting that I might never run amock overseas by myself again, and thinking "well, I did that. This is a new chapter". And this man I have. This man. They say you shouldn't have a baby with someone if you wouldn't want your son to turn out just like him. My son could rule the world if he turned out just like his daddy. I'm not worried about him at all. He'll be an amazing father.

I'm worried about me. I don't cook as often as I should. I don't wash up for days. I'm lazy. I have a short temper. I don't know if I'll be any good at this.

And I have no idea where to start.
Totally overwhelmed.

I'm going to go call my mum :S

No comments:

Post a Comment